Monday, May 7, 2012

Nostalgia


May Seventh. My entire body becomes filled with an indescribable overwhelming of happiness, sadness, and wishful longing every year on this date.  Nostalgia overtakes my senses as it tries to bring me perfectly back to that first May Seventh ten years ago. 

There is a first turning point in every young person’s life when he or she will never be the same.  That turning point often occurs in a moment, pricking the soul instantaneously, permeating through every limb, where it remains, forever.  Years may pass and the memory becomes dormant, leaving one to move on. 

Until Nostalgia sneaks up and without warning, wakes the memory.

May Seventh is my trigger and the memory of my turning point beats to vibrant life once again.  Even when I do not notice the date, I can feel the breeze carrying in hopes of an early summer and the scents of fresh trees and warm days.  I know it is May Seventh and I spend the day in another world, longing to feel those feelings I first felt in a young girl’s heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment